Friday, April 11, 2014

Hurt

So I pretty much did nothing to do with guitar over spring break, but I did practice a little this week. I'm slowly getting better at playing Ring of Fire by Johnny Cash. The D chord is becoming easier to play from the C chord, which makes the song sound much better. I have also tried playing Hurt by Johnny Cash. I don't know why I'm playing Johnny Cash songs. They get stuck in my head a lot, so I guess that's why I like them. They're also really easy to play, so that helps. However, Hurt presents a whole new challenge to me: the F chord. Apparently Sawyer never uses F chords, so I might be on my own here. It shouldn't be that hard though. There are plenty of ways for me to figure it out. I know how to play an F chord on the piano, so if I just apply that to the guitar, I should be good to go.

Sawyer showed me how to use his electric guitar, which is pretty cool. It's really loud though, and my mom likes to take naps, so that's an issue. The acoustic guitar sounds better in my opinion. Ring of Fire doesn't really work on an electric guitar. If I could learn a Van Halen song or something like that, I think the electric guitar would work much better. I've still got a long way to go until then.

I've gotten pretty good at being able to hear a song and then play it on the piano, so I think being able to play them on the piano will help me be able to play it on the guitar.

Hopefully this week I will get good at Ring of Fire and be able to play Hurt as well. I'd like to start playing other stuff too, preferably not Johnny Cash. I'm sure my brother will help me with that.


Hayden

1 comment:

  1. This is cool how your brother is helping you! family bonding :)

    ReplyDelete