Sunday, May 11, 2014

Progress

Learning a new instrument is definitely a slow process. Playing the instruments that I know how to play now is easy. I can just sit down and play them! I don't have to think like I do with the guitar. I do know that it gets easier as time goes on. My initial goal was to be able to be able to just pick up the guitar and play something like I can with the piano or the violin. I want to keep this goal, but I'm pretty sure I'm not going to reach it by the end of the year.

So as far as new songs go, I'm starting to learn how to play Let it Be by The Beatles. It's not too difficult. Most of these songs that I'm learning all use the same chords, give or take a few. I just have to learn how to put them all together. Right now I'm trying to figure out how to go from a C do a D minor, which I've never done before. Practice makes perfect!

As requested, here is a video of the song that I can play the best. Keep in mind that I'm a beginner, and it took me a long time to get a video without any mistakes. This is Hurt by Johnny Cash (chords).

Now, it's business as usual. Time to prepare for the pitch!

Hayden

Also please let me know if the video doesn't work. Adding videos is weird.

4 comments:

  1. Great video! Loved hearing you play! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sound great in the video! And I enjoyed listening to you during the pitch!!!

    ReplyDelete